Where is SetHints()?

Using the v5 of Aspose.BarCodeRecognition, is there any reason why SetHints() doesn’t exist anymore, esp. given your documentation using it? I was using an older version, just upgrade, all SetHints just went red in error.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the inquiry. Yes, there are some changes in Orientation part because each new release contains many improvements, bug fixes and new features. To update documentation, I’ve logged a new task into our issue tracking system as BARCODENET-33309. We will keep you updated on this task in this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please find below the correct code snippet:

string image = @“code39Extended.jpg”;

// create an instance of BarCodeReader and set image and symbology type to recognize

BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(image, BarCodeReadType.Code39Standard);

// set the orientation

reader.OrientationHints = Aspose.BarCodeRecognition.RecognitionHints.Orientation.Rotate90;

In case of further assistance & comments, please let me know.

Hi Paul,

It is to update you that the documentation about the orientation part has been updated according to the latest version of Aspose.BarCode 5.4.0. The issue id BARCODENET-33309 has been fixed and the ticket has also been closed.