Where to specify radius/round value to AutoShapeType.ROUNDED_RECTANGLE

Adding a AutoShapeType.ROUNDED_RECTANGLE will return a CellsDrawing - the question is how do I specify the value for the round/radius of that new shape?

@duranperez Hi,
Excel changes the adjustment value of the shape by dragging a series of adjustment points, and there is no special setting interface. Since the number and meaning of adjustment points are different for different shapes, we can only add and read adjustment values. Our current api design does not implement such a function, and the adjustment value cannot be changed by setting the round/radius.
I have logged a ticket with an id “ CELLSNET-52563” for your issue.
We will let you know as soon as we make progress.

I want to accomplish round corners like this picture:
Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 11.43.35 PM.png (30.2 KB)
Is there any other I can do that? Such as an array of adjustment points?

@duranperez
Could you post an Excel template file ? We will check it soon.

Sure!

For example, this file has 5 boxes.
round.xlsx.zip (7.8 KB)

When you create an AutoShape with ROUNDED_RECTANGLE type, Aspose creates a #5 rectangle by default, but we need to manipulate the shape to get a #1 round (examples in the attached file).

Thanks.

@duranperez,

Thanks for the sample file. We have logged it with your existing ticket “CELLSNET-52563” into our database. We will evaluate it soon.

@duranperez Hi,
According to your description, the following code may help you:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
int row = 8;
int shapeWidth = 325;
int shapeHeight = 125;
int[] radiusVaules = new int[] { 5, 17, 29, 47, 62 };//your desired radius
for (int i = 0; i < radiusVaules.Length; i++)
{
    Shape shape = workbook.Worksheets[0].Shapes.AddAutoShape(AutoShapeType.RoundedRectangle, 1+row*i, 0, 1, 0, shapeHeight, shapeWidth);

float val = (float)radiusVaules[i] / Math.Min(shapeWidth, shapeHeight);//get the value of the adjustment point
    shape.Geometry.ShapeAdjustValues.Add("adj", val);
}
workbook.Save("CELLSNET-52563.xlsx");

Sorry, that does not work for Aspose Cells for Java.
The .add method in ShapeGuideCollection is not very helpful, and I cannot add a ShapeGuide since the constructor is not public.

How can I achieve this with Aspose Cells for Java v21.12?

Thanks.

@duranperez Hi,
Here is the java version of the code

Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
int row = 8;
int shapeWidth = 325;
int shapeHeight = 125;
int[] radiusVaules = new int[] { 5, 17, 29, 47, 62 };//your desired radius
for (int i = 0; i < radiusVaules.length; i++)
{
    Shape shape = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getShapes().addAutoShape(AutoShapeType.ROUNDED_RECTANGLE, 1+row*i, 0, 1, 0, shapeHeight, shapeWidth);

shape.getGeometry().getShapeAdjustValues().clear();//Clean up any old adjustment values that may exist
    float val = (float)radiusVaules[i] / Math.min(shapeWidth, shapeHeight);//get the value of the adjustment point
    shape.getGeometry().getShapeAdjustValues().add("adj", val);
}
workbook.save("CELLSNET-52563-java.xlsx");

Notice:
You don’t need to add the ‘ShapeGuide’ object yourself, the ‘add’ function will do it for you.
You can also use the following code to obtain the adjustment value list of shape for operation.

ShapeGuideCollection shapeGuideList= shape.getGeometry().getShapeAdjustValues();
shapeGuideList.clear();
shapeGuideList.add("adj", 0.1f);

Please refer to the resulting file I got with the sample code:
resFile.zip (7.1 KB)

Thank you for your responses, but no, it does not work.
The Aspose Cells for Java v21.12 ShapeGuideCollection.add method signature is 1 Object type!
mehod-signature.png (20.3 KB)

And when I try to pass 2 arguments, it gives me a compiler error:
compiler-error.png (25.8 KB)

@duranperez,

Please try our latest version i.e., Aspose.Cells for Java v23.1 (Releases | Maven) and you will find these APIs.

@duranperez
We publish this API since 22.6.
Please try the latest version and check API References