Which versions of excel are supported?

Hi,

I am using Apose 4.4.0.0, can you tell me in which version of MS Excel can the generated file be opened? Ideally we would like it to be opened in all available version of MS Excel.

FYI: We are using just the minimum of features, just to create a simple excel sheet to show tabular data with some formatting.

Thanks,
Vedang.

We support to open Excel97-Excel2007 files.

Thanks for your prompt response.

If I create a excel workbook from scratch i.e. from code and then save it. Will that workbook also open with Excel97-2007?

As I mentioned, I am using bare minimum of features (which would be available in Excel97).

Thanks and Regards,
Vedang.

Hi Vedang,

Yes, without any problem, the workbooks (files) created by Aspose.Cells can be opened using any version of MS Excel (97-2007). And we confirm that if any excel file created by the component is not opened fine in the versions of MS Excel (mentioned above), we are bound to figure out the issue ASAP.

Thank you.

Excellent. Thanks!!!

@vedangspurohit,

Aspose.Cells now supports a variety of MS Excel file formats, see the Supported File Formats document for your complete reference.

Aspose.Cells supports both older and newer file formats including versions (MS Excel 95/5.0, 97 - 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 - 2019 Workbook, Office 365, openoffice, etc.) formats with enhancements.