Why does your product through a zillion exceptions when working with presenations?

We've noticed while debugging our code that Aspose.Slides throws a ton of exceptions when doing all sort of things from opening a presentation template to writing a presentation to an output stream. All of them seem to be caught in your code as they don't bubble up to our application. However exceptions are a costly thing and we have significant performance issues especially when writing to an output stream. I was wonder what the driving reasoning was for using exceptions so liberally in your product and or is there any plan to address these sort of things in the future? We're evaluating the use of your Aspose.Slides product in our application and interested in Aspose.Cells as well. Performance is a very important thing for our application however. Could there be something we're doing in our code. I'm not able to send you any code or presentation samples due to restrictions on my end. We've noticed these sort of problems with several different things we're doing. Both different presentations and areas of our code. I would appreciate any insight you can provide.

Jacob Marks

marks_jacob@bah.com

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Well, we have a process here for reproducing and planning for fixing the issues as reported by customers. We have an internal Issue Tracking System where these issues are logged. Before logging these issues, we require the supporting material demonstrating these issues for initial investigation. The supporting material is only for our internal test purpose and is private to other customers. There is "Contact -> Send Mail" option available in the forum post menu to share such documents. So, it would be of great help to exactly identify the problem if supported code and documents be provided.

Thanks and Best Regards