Why font code2000 doesn't work correctly

Hi

I am rendering PDF with Aspose.words with code2000 in different environment, but it worded differently. Can you explain how the font was applied?
1. In linux env, the code2000 is installed in /usr/share/fonts/local, but the Korean can’t be rendered;
2. In Mac, the code2000 is installed in /Users/tshen/Library/Fonts, but the Korean is not rendered by code2000;
3. In Mac, set the font location to only the code2000 included, all the characters were rendered with code2000.

The attached are the PDF rendered in linux, mac with other fonts, mac only code2000, and the word template.

Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario with your shared resource files and noticed the reported font issue. We have logged a ticket WORDSNET-15233 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and rectification. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Thanks for the quick response. Do you have any rough ETA for this issue?

Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have recently noticed the issue and it is pending for investigation. We will be in a good position to share any timeline with you as soon as issue investigation is completed. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress within this forum thread.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi

What is the status of this issue?

Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid the issue investigation is still not completed. Issue seems more complex than expected. We will notify you as soon as some update is available.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

@tilal.ahmad

Any progress on this issue?

Thanks
Tony

@stlcn

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your above reported issue is not resolved yet and there are no estimates available at the moment. Our product team has completed the analysis of this issue. However, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed to till a later date (no ETA is available). We will notify you as soon as issue is resolved.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

We are a paid support customer, using this library in a production system for a customer-facing application. They now require support for producing Korean language output documents; we had planned to use Code2000 for this.

Is there a font that works for Korean? Or some other way to accomplish Korean language support?

If not, what is the path for escalating this issue so that we can get the support we need (and have paid for)? Thanks.

@nicholas_harlow_zuor

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words supports Code2000 font. However, issue varies from document to document. we will appreciate it if you please share your sample document here. We will look into it and will guide you accordingly.

I am a team mate of user hhez above. We have the exact same issue.

To reiterate my request:

1. Please advise as to alternate approach to support the Korean language on Linux and Mac
    OR
  2. Please advise as to escalation process so that the priority of this fix is increased

@nicholas_harlow_zuor

Thanks for your feedback. For Korean language support on Linux/Mac. Please install office fonts on Linux/Mac to get the PDF rendering results close to MS Word. You can also copy fonts from Windows machine to Linux/Mac and set font folder location in code accordingly.

Furthermore, in reference to escalation of above issue resolution, please note we schedule issue investigation and resolution on first come first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers. However, if you have subscription to our paid support service. Then you can escalate the issue using it, as paid support has different precedence queue.