Why svg saved from vsd lost the shape id information

We need the shape Id information in the SVG file saved from VSD.

How can we get the id from SVG file?

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for the inquiry. Please note that the SVG is an image format and Aspose.Diagram API writes Visio drawing in SVG. It does not read the SVG format because it only reads Visio formats and mimics the behavior of Microsoft Office Visio. Please provide us your source VSD and the sample code. We’ll investigate and reply you appropriately.

Hi,

I know Aspose only read visio format and convert it to svg. This is what I want. After I get svg file, I can load it in browser and contorl it with javascript.

Each page and shape in visio file has a unique id. But I check the svg file and find that id is lost when convert visio to svg.

Can Aspose keep shape id as a property of svg shape property?

I also check the svg file converted from Microsfot visio, the shape id is keeped.

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for the details. You’re right. Aspose.Diagram API is not assigning unique IDs to the page and the shapes of Visio drawing. We’ve logged an enhancement under ticket id DIAGRAMJAVA-50293 in our issue tracking system. This forum thread has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMJAVA-50293 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.1.0. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50293) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 6.1.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.