Will Aspose 8.7.0 supports DCOUNTA Excel Formula

Hi,

I’m facing an issue while using aspose cells 8.7.0 java api to calculate the below formula. When i try to open the excel sheet directly it shows calculate value as 1 but when I try to execute the same formula using aspose it shows #DIV/0!. So, I believe DCOUNTA formula is not supporting in aspose.

(DCOUNTA(CensusStatistics,“SGender”,CS196:CU197)/DCOUNTA(CensusStatistics,“SGender”,CT196:CU197))

Can you please help me how to overcome from this issue.

Thanks,
Venkatesh Kumar. R

Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details.

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v16.11.7 if it makes any difference.

If you still find the issue with v16.11.7, kindly attach your template file, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have tried with the latest version 16.11.7 as well but still I’m getting the same issue. please find the attached template file. Open the file and check on the 2nd worksheet CT178 cellname.

Thanks
Venkatesh Kumar. R

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and details.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found that DCOUNTA Excel function/formula is not evaluated fine by Aspose.Cells formula calculation engine. For confirmation, I used the following sample code with your template Excel file:
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“template.xls”);
Worksheet w = workbook.getWorksheets().get(“Census Calculation”);
System.out.println(w.getCells().get(“CT178”).getValue().toString());//#DIV/0!
System.out.println(w.getCells().get(“CT178”).getStringValue());//#DIV/0!
workbook.calculateFormula();
System.out.println(w.getCells().get(“CT178”).getValue().toString());//#DIV/0!
System.out.println(w.getCells().get(“CT178”).getStringValue());//#DIV/0!

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42089” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick response. Will look for your update soon.

Hi again,

This is to update you that we have resolved the problem logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-42089. We will shortly share the fix here for your testing.
Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v16.11.10 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi,

DCOUNTA excel formula is working good in v16.11.10. Thanks for the support

Hi again,

Thank you for the confirmation. It is good to know that you are up & running again. Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42089) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.