Windows 8 Metro

Hi,

I am interested in your components for a development project starting shortly.

I need to be able to read word, pdf, epub and various other formats for a Windows 8 Metro app.

Can you tell me if any of your products are suitable?

Regards

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. Please note that we have a product named Aspose.Pdf for .NET which provides the capability to Create/Edit/Manipulate and transform the PDF document into various file formats. This component is supported against major types of applications and can be used on all Windows platforms including Server 2000/2003/2008, XP, VISTA, Win7 both with X86 and X64 architecture. I have not yet tested the product against Windows 8 Metro application but you may consider using our product and it should work. In case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

You may consider visiting the following links for further details on

Hi Bill,

Thank you for considering Aspose as part of your solutions.

I am representing Aspose.Cells team. Aspose.Cells product gives you the capability to manipulate MS Excel files without the need of MS Excel installed on the systems. You can find an overview of the product at this LINK.

At present, Aspose.Cells supports Operating Systems as mentioned HERE. Aspose.Cells is based on .NET as well as Java based APIs for both 32-bit and 64-bit applications. It has not been tested on Windows 8 Metro application, but it should work fine as long as the underlying frameworks are supported on the OS.

For more details, you can visit our Product Information page.

Thank you for your replies. However I need to be certain that your products can work when included in Metro apps before I attempt my evaluation. Some important OS calls are not supported from Metro apps, and it would be difficult for me to complete a sufficiently rigorous test with limited knowledge of your products.

Given that Metro is such an important product offering from Microsoft, can you please allocate testing of your products to one of your team members.

regards
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your posting.

I have raised an inquiry ticket for your required information. Our development team will look into it and advice further. We will let you know here once we have an update from our development team. The issue has been logged as: CELLSNET-40812.

Hi Bill,

In order to investigate the support of Aspose.Pdf for .NET against Windows 8 Metro application, I have logged a task with an ID PDFNEWNET-33885 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have closed the issue

• CELLSNET-40812 - Windows Store apps (Windows RT & 8) / .NET 4.5 plans

as Won’t Fix now. We have no plans about Windows Runtime/WinRT/Windows Store now. Sorry for inconvenience.

Also we have evaluated UWP (Universal Windows Platform) more. UWP bases on .Net core. UWP has less APIs comparing .Net Framework. e.g. We use a lot of APIs in the namespace “System.Drawing”. But it is not contained in UWP. So we also do not have any plans about UWP now.