Windows Store apps / .NET 4.5 plans

Hello,

Does Aspose currently have a timeline for developing .NET components for Windows Store apps (Windows RT and 8), on the .NET 4.5 framework? I tried using Aspose Slides in a C# Windows Store App but it doesn’t work due to .NET 4.5 no longer supporting ArrayList. I suspect similar problems will be encountered trying to use any of the other Aspose .NET components in Windows Store Apps.

Does Aspose have a timeline for adding .NET 4.5 support?

Hi Jared,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I regret to share that at the moment the support for Windows RT and 8 is currently unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33631 has been created to provided this feature support. I have linked this thread with mentioned issue so that we may apprise you once the issue will be resolved. The requested feature is likely to be available during second quarter of 2013.

Many Thanks,

Hi Jered,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am the representative of Aspose.Words’ team.

I have logged a new ticket in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-7602 to investigate the usage of Aspose.Words on Windows Store Apps (Windows RT & 8) platforms. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Jered,

I am a representative of Aspose.Cells’ team.

We have already logged a ticket in our database as CELLSNET-40812 to investigate the usage of Aspose.Cells on Windows Store Apps (Windows RT & 8) platforms. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Hi Jered,

Thanks for the highlighting issue. Unfortunately, Aspose.Pdf, Aspose.Imaging and Aspose.OCR also don't support 4.5 .Net Framework at the moment. We have logged the enhancement requests (IMAGING-33361,PDFNEWNET-34715,OCR-32214) for the same in our issue tracking system and linked your request to these issue ids. You will be notified via this thread as soon as this feature gets available.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Jered,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for delayed response. I am a representative of Aspose.BarCode and Aspose.Diagram products team.

We have logged tickets in our issue tracking system as DIAGRAM-33353 and BARCODENET-33464 to investigate the usage of Aspose.Diagram and Aspose.BarCode on Windows Store Apps (Windows RT & 8) platforms. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have closed the issue

• CELLSNET-40812 - Windows Store apps (Windows RT & 8) / .NET 4.5 plans

as Won’t Fix now. We have no plans about Windows Runtime/WinRT/Windows Store now. Sorry for inconvenience.

Also we have evaluated UWP (Universal Windows Platform)
more. UWP bases on .Net core. UWP has less APIs comparing .Net
Framework. e.g. We use a lot of APIs in the namespace “System.Drawing”.
But it is not contained in UWP. So we also do not have any plans about
UWP now.