windowText format error

We’ve been unsuccessfully trying to convert the attached file it fails with…
Exception ‘Unknown color type encountered during WordML import - windowText.’ occured in Aspose.Words for .NET 4.3.1.0.
tx
Mike

Hi
Thanks for your reporting this problem to us. I have reproduced this problem using 4.4.0.0 version and logged it to our defect base as issue # 3786. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks). We might just fix it by then or provide more information.
Best regards.

Hi I am Mike’s (mclark_100) colleague and will be taking over this piece of work from him. Is there an update to the delivery of the fix for this error?

Regards Marcus

Hi
Unfortunately, this issue is still unresolved yet. Also I can’t tell you an exact date when it will be fixed.
Best regards.

I tried opening your document in MS Word 2007 and it does not open the document, reports an error. In general, if you cannot open a document in MS Word, you should not expect to be able to open it in Aspose.Words. I will have a look anyway, if it is not serious, I will make it read. But you need to check why your document is invalid according to MS Word.

Thanks for your attention to this. We actually use MS Word 2003 and it loads in that version correctly, which is a bit concerning. Therefore we believe the format is correct. I’ve just downloaded the original file attachment and loaded it in word 2003 to make sure and it does not report any errors.
Mike

We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for your issue.

The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.