Winforms Embedded PDF Viewer

We require a pdf viewer that will display pdf files and allow the user to enter form fields and then allow us to save the pdf.

It appears that the following new feature request would meet our requirements PDFKITNET-19735. Is there any ETA on this?

Hello Samantha,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I am afraid the new feature of viewing PDF files in Windows form is not yet implemented. However I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. As soon as I have the required information, I will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

If it isn't implemented then why does your website says it is....

We're thinking about buying the suite, but I now need to reconsider what other features are on the website but aren't implemented....

Yours Nanno

Hello Samantha,

First of all please accept our apologies for this confusion and inconvenience. Initially we planned to release the new Merged API (Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.0.0) along with this feature but due to some technical difficulties, we could not include it in the product release. Currently we a work around, you can display a PDF document over win form by first converting it into Image format and then placing it inside Image control over WinForm. But as per your particular requirement on allowing the user to fill data inside form fields, I think it’s currently not possible. You may consider using a work around to place the form field controls over WinForm and allow user to input information inside them. Once the data is entered, you can read the contents of Form field and fill the actual PDF document. Please visit the following links for information on

In case I have not properly understood your requirement, please share some more details. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

First of all, I'm not Samantha,

the problem is the website states that there is an pdf viewer in the pdf assembly. But there isn't. So the website is stating functionality that doesn't exist. That is my problem. What other functionality is stated on the website but is isn't implemented within the toolkit.

Yours, Nanno

Hi Nanno,

First of all please accept our apologies for not addressing you with your appropriate name. In fact the forum thread was started by the person named
Samantha.

Now concerning to PdfViewer feature, as I have stated earlier, due to some technical difficulties we could not include this feature in our first Merged API release v6.0.0. However in order to avoid such confusions in future, I will remove the information from website, until it becomes available. Besides this, I think all rest of the features have been implemented and introduced in merged API version. Please try using our product and in case you encounter any issue or you have any further query, please feel free to contact. We are really sorry for your inconvenience.