Word 11.0.0.0 - can't Save without getting an exception

After upgrading to 11 (from the latest 10.x), any save operation on a .doc file (.docx is fine) gets an exception thrown saying:

unknown built in property encountered

When is this going to be fixed?

Thanks,
Andy.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach one of your documents here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi,Turns out it fails afer we call a funciton taht copies over Properties (DOC files only, the same code works fine on DOCX files). We got this from Aspose and I’ve attached the code snippet.
We call this as follows:

Using blobStream As New System.IO.MemoryStream(MiscFile.MiscFileData)
Dim templateDoc As New Aspose.Words.Document(blobStream)
templateDoc.RemoveAllChildren()
templateDoc.RemoveMacros()

If preserveOriginalStyles Then
templateDoc.AppendDocument(srcDoc, Aspose.Words.ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting)

Else
templateDoc.AppendDocument(srcDoc, Aspose.Words.ImportFormatMode.UseDestinationStyles)

End If
CopyObjectProperties(srcDoc.BuiltInDocumentProperties, templateDoc.BuiltInDocumentProperties)
End Using

This same code work in previous releases.
Thanks,
Andy.

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. But, could you please attach your input Word documents (.doc/.docx file) here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Hi,

There is no special file here - ANY DOC file will have the problem.

Thanks,
Andy.

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I cannot reproduce the issue on my side using your code and a test document. Are you sure this issue occurs with any document? Have you tried testing by using two blank documents?

Thanks,