Word Doc Export Problem - containing Math Equations

Hi,

While trying to export a Word (2000) Document containing Math Equations the output HTML does not give me proper image equivalent of the Equations. All the special characters like Greek alphabets, dots etc. appears to be boxes!

I am using Aspose Java API 2.4.

I have attached the sample document for your reference.

Thanks,

Saravanan.S

Hi
Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce this problem. I created new issue #4793 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

Hi Saravanan,
The thing is that MS Word stores equation preview as an image, particularly in Windows Metafile format – wmf. When you see on your html file (converted form doc) – you see exactly this preview image.
Since not all browsers support wmf, Aspose.Words for Java uses third-parity library to convert this wmf image to png. But this library still does not well with symbol fontsL. So we can only just wait the fix of this third-parity library.
For workaround you can disable conversion of wml to png:

doc.getSaveOptions().setHtmlExportMetafileAsRaster(false);
doc.getSaveOptions().setHtmlExportScaleImageToShapeSize(false);

But you have to be sure that browsers of your users can see wml properly (my IE can).
Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-49) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.