Word document having Courier Fonts but they are substitued with the Courier New Fonts on the rendered PDF

Create a PDF rendition for the asset. The Original Document has Courier Font in the source word document but the pdf has CourierNewPSMT

Attached is the source document and snapshot.

Thanks,

Shikha

Hi Shikha,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-8560 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Shikha,

It is to inform you that our development team has completed the work on the issue (WORDSNET-8560) and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you're observing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue as 'Not a Bug'.

"Courier" is a bitmap font. MS Word do not use it and substitute with TrueType "Courier New" font. Aspose.Words do the same. "CourierNewPSMT" is a PostScript name of the "Courier New" font which should be written to PDF according to specification. Aspose.Words follows the specification and MS Word does not. This is the difference. The actual font files are same in Aspose.Words and MS Word output.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.