Word docx - dynamic columns - LINQ Reporting Engine

I am creating word docx document using template with C# .net and LINQ Reporting Engine Provided By Aspose.
I need to create tabular data with dynamic columns. Means column count can vary from two to ten. I am not able to find a example for LINQ Reporting Engine with dynamic columns.

Please let me know if this is possible using LINQ Reporting Engine and can we generate template for dynamic columns? If Yes can you provide me the link or sample code/template.

Thanks,

@psluzhevsky,

Thanks for your inquiry. In your case, we suggest you following solution.

1. Please generate the table with single column using LINQ Reporting.
  2. Modify the table; iterate over table’s row, add each row cell to first row and remove the table’s rows except the first row.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please provide some sample code or link?

Thanks,

@psluzhevsky,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please share your input and expected output documents along with some detail your data source? Please share some detail about your use case. We will then share code example according to your requirement.

Thanks for your reply.

I was able to achieve the desired results by using DocumentBuilder. Just wanted to check if same thing we can do with LINQ Reporting engine.

@psluzhevsky,

Thanks for your feedback. It is nice to hear from you that you have found the solution of your issue. The LINQ Reporting Engine does not generate dynamic columns of table. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

@Corsearch_IT

Starting from Aspose.Words 23.6, LINQ Reporting Engine supports building of tables growing horizontally. More information can be found at Working with Table-Column Data Bands.