Word Footnote when it will be available?

When Using Document Save Method With PDF the footnote is lost. I found another post where it is said that this problem will be solved in a new release in January 2010. Since we are in January, 2010 I am wondering when exactly this release will be available?

Hi

Thanks for your request. Footnotes will be supported during rendering in February 2010. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Can you confirm that this functionality will be in the next release? I’m very keen on switching from Aspose.PDF to Aspose.Words and this is the last show stopper. Is there any way that we can have a beta or so with this functionality?

We’re very pleased with yesterdays release of 8.1, as it solves a lot of our problems.

Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request. Yes, this feature will be supported in the next version which will be released within 4-5 weeks.

Best regards,

Hi, We in February 2010. Do you know when this functionality will be available? It is very important to me. Please, any response.

Best regards,

Krzysztof Radzimski
http://abc-grytner.pl

Hi

Thanks for your request. This feature will be included into the next release, which will be released in the mid or in the second half of March. You will be notified as soon as this issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

I was surprised to read that this issue has been postponed again. You said earlier that it would be available in the second half of february and I promised this to customers. So it is really inconvenient for us that it keeps getting delayed.

Is there a way to get a beta release so that we can show our customers that there is some progress?

As I said earlier, it’s because of this issue that we are still forced to use the combination of Words + PDF which has, as you know, lots of layout issues.

Best regards,

Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request. It is not our common practice to provide customers with intermediate builds. Aspose.Words releases are published every 4-5 weeks. So please wait for the next release. My apologizes for inconvenience.

Best regards,

In version 8.2, our problem is not resolved. Does version 8.3 fix the problem with generation of footnotes in a PDF file and print preview?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request. This issue will be resolved in the next version of Aspose.Words, which will be released somewhere in the second half of March.

Best regards,

Hi Andrey,

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Krzysztof Radzimski
http://abc-grytner.pl

Hi Andrey,

You wrote two weeks ago that this issue would be resolved in the next version. I was disappointed to see that it is not resolved in version 8.2.1. What happened? I trust that it is still on track for release in March?

Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request. We are still working on this issue. This feature will be included into the next hotfix, which will be released before the end of March. You will be notified.

Best regards,

I was researching this issue today and came across this thread. I have a deliverable to make very shortly and need support for footnotes in PDF documents. Given that it’s now March 29, do you still expect the hotfix within the next two days?

Thanks,

We are working on the footnotes and having good progress. But we are not ready to include them in the upcoming end of March release. We hope footnotes will be included in the next release which is further 1-1.5 months away. Thank you for your patience.

Dear Mr. Korchagin,

I read your post today that the support for footnotes is postponed again. This is really not acceptable.
Your colleague Andrey Noskov promised that this would be solved in January 2010. Back in January he promised February.
In February he promised mid March. Just two weeks ago Andrey assured me again that it would be released by the end of March.
I promised my customers that we would support footnotes, so we really require this functionality. We don’t have time to wait another month.
I demand a solution so I can provide my customers with a working footnote solution.
You wrote that you are working on it and having good progress. Could you send me an interim build that supports footnotes, so I can show progress to my customers?

Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Sorry if estimates we have given earlier led to difficulties for your customers. But these have always been just estimates. The work turned out more complex than we thought and takes longer than expected. There is really not much else we can do. My last estimate April-May is still also an estimate.

I have requested an interim build from the footnote developers. It will be ready in a day or so and if I find it works well enough, I will upload it here and let you know.

Nice to know that despite of some somewhat angry reactions you guys remain calm and to the point.

I’m not quite sure this will speed things up but …do note however, that footnotes are a highly requested feature for my client as well.

I’m sure that the people who reacted in this thread are also not the only ones awaiting for the release. But like me, there are probably plenty of other ones who think it won’t make a difference adding remarks with no extra info to this thread…

European Council

Thanks for your support.

1. Due to such high demand the interim build with footnotes is coming today.

2. To stay sane and focused we are trying to stick to a philosophy that goes something like this:

Even if we had all of the features that are currently on our task list completed today, we will still have more requests for more features. Unfortunately this means that some customers will still be missing some features. If we are lucky, this will go on forever.

I have not yet figured a way out of this.

I’m waiting too, for this functionality.