Word for SSRS performance issues

Hi,

I’ve just tested the SSRS Word extension. The generated word is quite fine, a lot simpler than the native one, but I had big problems with time and memory.

The native word output takes one minute and the ram occupied was 200MB max.
With the ASPOSE extension the same report (same data too) takes 15 (fifteen) minutes and the ram occupied goes up 10GB (ten giga!!!); my notebook is quite powerful so the report finished without error, but my customer has not such a powerful server!

My report uses subreports intensively, are there any issues with subreports? I’ve attached my report and subreport if you want to see it; just remember that with the native word export I have no performance problems.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your inquiry. In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v4.4.0) from here.

If the problem still remains, please use the select statement (to populate the data) inside
your RDL file and share that RDL file with us. I will investigate the
issue on my side and provide you more information. Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>

<DataSet Name=DataSet1>

<Query>

<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>

<CommandText>select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label

union all

select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label

union all

select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label

union all

select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label

</CommandText>