Word format not holding for print

Hello,
I’m having an issue when I try to print one of these word documents that I am creating through this application. We are using a word document as a template with the mail merge fields, then using Aspose to fill in the information. All of that is working great and the document is formatting correctly when it is created and saved off on the network.
However, when I try to print those same documents, something happens during that process where the spacing is either ignored or removed, so the majority of the information is pushed together after the print.
I’ve found a temporary fix in just putting the information in a table. It seems that this is working for the time being, but I was just curious if this was a known issue or if there was a command that I am missing to hold the spacing through to the print job?
Thanks for your time,
Ryan

Hi,
Thank you for reporting the issue to us. Sadly, I can’t see anything attached here, so please reattach the document(s). Besides, what utility do you use for printing?

Sorry, there should be an example attached now.
This application is using a variable declared as a DocumentRenderer (then pointing to the saved document, obviously) for printing, then just using the .print() function. I can handle for all of the printing options, such as what printer to send to and all of that, which is great, but I just can’t figure out how to get this part to stay formatted.
In the example, you’ll see a couple tabs set at about the .5 and 4.5 marks. On printing, those are being pushed together as well as some of the line breaks are also taken out. If I open the document itself in MS Word and print from there, the spacing is held as expected, so I was just curious if there was a setting that I needed to flip or anything of that nature.
Thanks for the quick reply,
Ryan

Oh… I am sorry then, the point is that DocumentRenderer is actually a part of the beta version of Aspose.Words.Viewer and we do not improve it or fix its bugs, please read here. Currently we are working on a different rendering engine and we hope to publish it in several months. It won’t contain the issue you’ve reported. Thank you for understanding.

We are happy to tell you that the new Rendering Engine has replaced the “old Viewer Beta”. The Rendering Engine can print, save as images or draw onto .NET Graphics object any document page.

Please see Aspose.Words documentation to learn more about new features.

Saving to image

In additional, new Rendering engine allows you to convert Word document to PDF directly (without using Aspose.Pdf).

Saving to Pdf

The latest version of Aspose.Words is available for download from downloads section or from NuGet