Word - missing fields

Hello,
we have been using Aspose.Words component for more then one year in our ASP.NET application.
Now we found out, that time to time (not always, not regularly) in generated DOC a field is missing - e.g. all fields for address are populated, but ZIP code is missing. If we try to reproduce the error, than the address is correct.
Do you have any advice to solve this problem or should we install a pack? Today we use Aspose.Word, ver.4.0.0.0.
Thanks,
Miroslav Krejcir

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi
Thanks for your request. Maybe this occurs because field contains null or empty data or data source doesn’t contain this field.
Please attach your documents (input and output) for testing. Also check your data source.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
the word template is attached and the dataset was tested and is OK (it was the first thing done). As I wrote:
- it is not regular issue (only time to time)
- we tried to reproduce the error (the same template and the same data source) and it was OK then
It’s what is stange.
Thanks,
Mirek

Hi
This is really strange. I have no more ideas why this can occur. Please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words, maybe this will fix the issue.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
we decided to get the latest version of Aspose.Word.
Can you advice us shortly what to do now:
- I have downloaded Aspose.Word 5.1.0
- is it necessary contact somebody, etc. - we have now ver. 4.0.0
Thanks,
Mirek

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry.

1. You should install new version of Aspose.Words.
    https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/installation/

2. You should update reference in your project.
    https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/installation/

3. Also should update your code. The breaking changes in Aspose.Words for .NET 5.x.x are:

4. All collection classes, such as Paragraphs, Runs, Tables, Bookmarks etc have been renamed into ParagraphCollection, RunCollection, TableCollection, BookmarkCollection, CellCollection accordingly.

5. New namespaces Aspose.Words.Fields, Aspose.Words.Lists, Aspose.Words.Markup, Aspose.Words.Properties and Aspose.Words.Tables were introduced and classes moved into the new namespaces.

6. Also maybe you should update your license. You should contact with our Purchas team to do that.
    Best regards.