Word Table messed up in PDF

Hi!

I have a DOCX which I open in Aspose (newest build) and save as PDF - this results in the table being messed up in regards to wrapped text etc. If I save the same DOCX to PDF in Microsoft Word, it looks like a charm.

Files.zip (85.6 KB)

I have tried various solutions found in other topics (UpdateTableLayout etc.) but nothing helped.

Thanks in advance,
Bernd

@bernd.podhradsky,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17007. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@bernd.podhradsky,

The issue occurs because an incorrect table grid stored in the document is currently not re-calculated by Aspose.Words.

The Word document is generated by Aspose.Words and column widths data stored in tblGrid are not correct. The grid should be re-calculated by the new algorithm being implemented by WORDSNET-832. The algorithm is not applied to the problematic table because currently the “don’t wrap text” cell option is not supported by the algorithm being implemented.

We are postponing this issue (WORDSNET-17007) until “don’t wrap text” is supported. The option can be turned off or the document can be re-saved via MS Word to store the correct tblGrid as a workaround.

Hi!

Resaving the document is not an option because the complete process from the template DOCX to the final PDF has to be an automated process. Can you give me any estimation (will it be days, weeks or months) on when the feature will be implemented?

Thanks,
Bernd

@bernd.podhradsky,

Regarding WORDSNET-17007, I am afraid, the implementation of this issue has been postponed till a later date (no estimates are currently available). We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi!

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks,
Bernd

@bernd.podhradsky,

Unfortunately, there is no further news about your issue. The implementation of the issue has been postponed till a later date. There are no estimates available at the moment. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17007) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.10 update also available on NuGet.