Word to epub with Footnotes/EndNotes

We are attempting to convert Word Documents to epub. This works great, unless the document has multiple chapters, and footnotes/endnotes. In that case, the footnote or endnote is rendered in line with the text of the document. If the document only has a single chapter, then the endnotes are put at the end of the document as expected.

I have attached a sample document.

Thank you,

Ryan Bloom
Sr Director of Engineering
Lulu.com

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for your inquiry.
I believe this issue was fixed in the latest verison of Aspose.Words. Could you please try using version 10.3.0 if you are not already and seeing how it goes?
If the issue still persists could you please attach the output EPUB here for testing as well as a screenshot which shows exactly where the issue is?
Thanks,

We are using 10.3.0. I have attached the epub and a screen shot. The text to look for is “A student tape recorded…”

If there is a specific set of options that must be applied to the footnote/endnote in order for them to work, I would appreciate knowing what those options are.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for attaching your documents here.
I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it’s resolved.
This issue is occuring because by default when the document is saved as EPUB, the HTML is internally split at heading levels 1-2. The split document content is what causes the problem as when it’s disabled the foot notes are displayed correctly. I was unable to reproduce this first time as I had this option disabled.
Please use the code below to disable that option for now, however please note that some EPUB readers will be unable to view the output as the size of each chunk will exceed 300kb.
HtmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Epub); saveOptions.DocumentSplitCriteria = DocumentSplitCriteria.None;

doc.Save(dataDir + "Document Out.epub", saveOptions);

Thanks,

Hi Ryan,

I’ve resolved the issue. It still needs some internal steps to be marked as resolved, but you can expect to see the fix in the nearest release at the end of September.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5161) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.