Word to Html, back to Word - preserve field values?

I have a need to edit a word document as html. So I can successfully convert to html and save back as doc. However, it doesn’t appear to maintain field to document property mappings.

We have properties of the word doc mapped to fields within the header and body of the word document that I would like to maintain when going from doc to html and back to doc.

Any ideas would be great

@mak.klein

Please ZIP and attach your input Word document, Aspose.Words generated HTML and final Word document showing the undesired behavior here for testing. Please also provide a comparison screenshot highlighting the problematic areas here for our reference. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Here you go. The screenshot is of the setting that will show Field Codes (instead of values). It is maintaining the values, but not the field mapping. For example, if I modify the document property on the “After” file - it will not reflect in the document.

LostFields.png (198.4 KB)
LostFields.zip (9.2 KB)

@mak.klein,

Thanks for the additional information. We have logged your requirement in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17452. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Just checking to see if there anything else needed from me? I am eager to see if I can use Aspose.Words to handle document properties when converting from html (originally a word doc itself)

@mak.klein,

Unfortunately, your issue (WORDSNET-17452) is not resolved yet. This issue is currently pending for analysis and is in the queue. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Please escalate to paid support. We now have a paid support subscription - Business Support Subscription 190121095827

@mak.klein,

By using your new ‘Business Support Subscription’ account, please create a new thread in our Paid Support Helpdesk to be able to raise the priority of your issues.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17452) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.3 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.3 update.