Word to PDF: Changing Document

Greetings,

The PDF document is different than the Word document, and all I am doing is saving the word document to a PDF (See zip file for Inputs and Outputs). The PDF document moved the last line of the first page to the start of the second page.

WordDocument = new Aspose.Words.Document(@"Resources\Input.doc");
WordDocument.Save(@"Resources\Output.pdf", Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Output.zip (100.5 KB)

Aspose Version: 18.11.0.0
VS: Visual Studio Professional 2015 v. 4.7.03062

What I have done:

• Manually converted the Word document; It comes out fine
  • Stripped down the problem to just the Saving portion. The attached project confirms that it is the Aspose library.

@Zachary.Coulombe,

We tested the scenario and managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17818. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@awais.hafeez, could you provide some more information as to why this issue has been postponed?

Thank you

@Zachary.Coulombe,

The “Use Word 97 line-breaking rules for Asian text” compatibility option affects how the document is generated. It is currently not clear to us how to reproduce/mimic this behavior of MS Word.

MS Word behavior somehow depends on “Use Word 97 line-breaking rules for Asian text” compatibility option. The option is set in your document. If the option is turned off, MS Word moves the problematic line to the next page and the layout in MS Word becomes similar to Aspose.Words.

It is strange, because the problematic paragraph has one line only and it is much shorter than the column width. From the option description in the specs it seems that the option may influence character spacing, but not the line height. But it seems that it affects content height in MS Word somehow.

We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved in future. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@awais.hafeez, Thank you so much. I will talk to my users about removing the flag throughout the organization. That should fix the issue for now. Haha, what a weird issue. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for all your help.

@Zachary.Coulombe,

Rest assured, we will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved in Aspose.Words in future.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17818) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.6 update.