Word to PDF conversion file size

Hi Team,

recently we faced an issue that files converted by Aspose.Words from docx to pdf are several times bigger than those manually opened and converted from MS Word, i.e. 13 MB docx file keeps its size when converted from Aspose, but is only 2 MB when converted from Word. We cannot see the difference between 2 files (except the size ofc).
We tried to reduce the size of pdf created by Aspose like mentioned here (code found no images, though the file itself consists 80-90% of images).

Are there any ways to reduce the size of resulting pdf? Or your algorithms just work differently from those of MS Word?

Just an example I’ve composed word document with more or less same structure to test on (can’t expose our production documents). Word file is 2.58MB, resulting Aspose pdf - 3MB+, Word pdf - 2.3MB.

Regards

Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for your inquiry. When performing DOCX to PDF conversion with Aspose.Words for .NET 14.8.0 using the code from here, the resultant PDF is of 2,970KB. However, in this case you can significantly reduce the output PDF size by using the following code:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + @"Canada.docx");
PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();
options.ImageCompression = PdfImageCompression.Jpeg;
options.JpegQuality = 10;
doc.Save(MyDir + @"out.pdf", options);

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

while setting quality of jpeg to 10 is too much of a quality loss, use of ImageCompression parameter indeed helps. I take it in previous versions (we use 11.6) bmp images from doc file were just copied to resulting pdf file.

Will pursue our responsible to buy license
for at least new Aspose.Words library

Regards,
Aleksey

Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please let us know if you have any troubles and we will be glad to look into this further for you.

Best regards,