Word to PDF Conversion not Rendering Tables Correctly

Some table features are lost when a .doc template is rendered. Table borders do not render as they have been layed out in the template.

In the attached ERFC 5-2.doc, notice that when it is converted to PDF it is showing vertical lines between some of the cells. There should be 3 separate boxes down the right hand side, but they are connected on the left edge.

In the attached ERFC 18.pdf.doc notice that the boxes are arbitrarily shifted to the left and right messing the alignment up.

Can you please look at these conversions and let me know what can be done to resolve these? Thank you.

Hello Mark,

I have tested the issue using latest version of Aspose.Words 5.2.2.0 and hotfix for Aspose.Pdf 3.8.0.4 and in my case the Pdf files are being generated fine. I have attached the hotfix and the resultant files, please take a look.

In case of any further issue, feel free to contact.

The PDFs that you attached both exhibit the problems that I mentioned. The first shows lines between the left hand side of the middle right hand box and the boxes to the top and bottom of it; which is incorrect.

The second shows the 2nd and 3rd boxes indented and different lengths. Everything should be uniform and aligned.

Hello Mark,

I have tested the issue and I’m able to reproduce the same problem. I am really sorry, that I couldn’t notice the problem in my previous test. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNET-6239. We will investigate this issue in detail and will keep you updated on the status of a correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I’m Viktor, the developer on Aspose.Words Team responsible for integration with Aspose.Pdf. My colleagues asked me to inspect the issue with text borders. Currently distance from text is not supported in PDF export. We need cooperation with Aspose.Pdf Team to complete this task. On Aspose.Words side this issue is known as WORDSNET-445. We’ll provide you updates on any progress or when it is fixed.

As a workaround you can consider putting some text in tables with one cell each. Tables behave more predictable in PDF export and don’t need to define distances from text. In particular, if you’d like to have three equally aligned blocks you normally create three tables. Please let us know whether this workaround helps you.

Regards,

Ok, that explains the table misalignment. What about the extra lines that are being displayed in side the table on the first document? Have you found anything with that issue?

Thanks.

Hi,

The problem in the first document should be resolved in our side(Aspose.Pdf). We have found a solution for it. We will fix it and send you an update ASAP.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6239) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 6239) have been fixed in this update.