Word to PDF conversion on Linux 64bits Platform

Hi,

Converting a word document into
pdf does not work properly.
When there is
a white text on black background, the text is not displayed in the converted document, see source file attachment:
PB_CONVERT_TO_PDF.docx

We use linux server 64bits with all ttf files but it’s working in local workstation on windows 32 bits with or without fonts defined.

Can you try to reproduce it on your side?
Thx

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Perhaps you’re using an older version of Aspose.Words; as with Aspose.Words for Java v13.5.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.5.0. You can download it from the following link:

I hope, this helps.

Moreover, I have attached a PDF document that is generated on my side over Linux environment here for your reference.

Best regards,

Thanks
We use: Aspose.Words for Java v13.4.0
I can try with the last version, but i dont’t think we’ve time enough to test it before putting our project in production.
Can you try on your side to reproduce it with my version?

I have attached a PDF document of my result: "my_result.pdf"
If you compare, you’ll see a regression on your PDF document: the last sentence don’t appear properly…may be due to font style used.

Thank you

Hi,
I test it, the problem is similary the same (and some text are cut in the top of the document).
Any idea?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the additional information. The PDF documents you attached (my_result.pdf and my_result_13_5_0.pdf) are generated by third party softwares (i.e. iText 5.0.2 and GPL Ghostscript 9.02). It appears that the problem occurs because of these third party tools. Please try run the code suggested in the following link and let us know how does it go with the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java on your side?
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/How+to++Convert+a+Document+to+PDF

Best regards,

??
Of course not, the following link show us exactly what we do!
Code used to convert Aspose Document is in the attached file.

I never heard about this library: GPL Ghostscript 9.02

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I was still unable to reproduce this issue on my side. Could you please double check if the final PDF is actually generated by Aspose.Words on your side without the involvement of any third party softwares?
Pierre:
I never heard about this library: GPL Ghostscript 9.02
Please do the following:

1. Open the PDF documents (my_result.pdf and my_result_13_5_0.pdf) with Adobe Acrobat
  2. Click on the ‘File’ menu and choose ‘Properties’ to open ‘Document Properties’ dialogue box.
  3. In the ‘Decsription’ tab, under ‘Advanced’ section, you’ll see ‘Pdf Producer’ name.

Secondly, please also try converting your Word document to XPS/TIFF formats and let us know if the same problem still remains in these output XPS/TIFF documents. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Hi,
I’m so sorry, you’re right!

We have two process to generate it:

• one is only to convert Word Document to PDF(only Aspose)
  • an other one to convert Word Document to PDF(Aspose) and superimposed it with other PDF(generated by users).
    • The superimposing method use this library: itext 5.0.2.
And so, the problem occurs when we superimpose several pdf with each others.

Sorry to bother you :frowning:
Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your feedback. Please let us know any time you have any further queries. We are always glad to help you.

Best regards,