Word to PDF - how to enable HTTP compression?

Hi,

I can see I can enable HTTP compression when I convert an Excel file to PDF (PdfSaveOptions.setEnableHTTPCompression) but there is no such option when converting a Word document. Do you plan to implement it?

Thank you,
Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for your request. I have logged your request in our issue tracking system. Our development team will further look into the details of your request and we will keep you updated on the status of this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi Mariusz,

Could you please clarify your requirement, how are you using this property in Aspose.Cells and what should this option do during saving Word document to PDF format?

Aspose.Cells documentation asks the user to set EnableHttpCompression to true if he's going to use HTTP compression on his Internet server. But in terms of output PDF format its purpose is unclear. How does this property affect the output PDF document actually? Please note that internet server and PDF document are different things and share nothing.

Best regards,

I mean the functionality named “Fast Web View” also known as linearization or web optimization. Currently we can achieve this by running QPDF tool after we save a PDF from Aspose.Words. Is there any way to do that with just Aspose?

Thanks,
Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for the additional information. Unfortunately, this feature is not supported by Aspose.Words at the moment and we have no plans for it in near future. However, this feature may definitely come onto the product roadmap in the future. We will inform you as soon as this is supported. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,