Word with track changes to PDF using Memory stream-wrong position of shapes

Hi,

I have a word document with Track changes. I save to a memory stream as shown below and create an email attachment of PDF type.

MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream();
//Save it as a PDF type of memory stream
doc.Save(ms,SaveFormat.Pdf);
Attachment at = new Attachment(ms, new Aspose.Email.Mime.ContentType(“application/pdf”));

See bottom first page in attached word doc.Some square shapes were added as tracked changes.
After export to pdf via word document manually the pdf was generated which looks fine.

The pdf generated via aspose has alternate boxes positions incorrect.

FYI, We also have an outstanding issue WORDSNET-8695 which might be similar to the current one.

Hi Shah,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-8836 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Could you please give us an ETA on this issue? This is a bit critical for our project.
Thanks

Hi Shah,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to share with you that issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi,

What is the status of this issue? Will this be fixed in the next release?

Thanks,

Shah

Hi Shah,

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid this issue WORDSNET-8836 has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

Hi,

Now that 13.9 is released, could you please analyse this issue and let us know of a due date?

Thanks,

Shah Jabeen

Hi Shah,

Thanks
for your inquiry. I have verified the status of your issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that our development team has not started analysis of your issue. Our development team is busy in some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

By when can this be fixed?

Hi Shah,

Thanks for your patience.

I
am afraid this issue WORDSNET-8836 still postponed till a later
date due to some other important issues and new features. However, I have requested the development team to share the ETA. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

Please let me know by when can this issue be fixed?

Hi Shah,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. Our development team completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause had been identified. However, keeping in view the complexity of this issue, the implementation of the fix had been postponed till a later date. I am afraid, the priority of the issue is lowered because this is a very rare case and it requires us to do a deep investigation to find out the best way to fix this. So, currently, we cannot provide you any timeline regarding this issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi Shah,

Thanks for your your patience.

As a workaround of this issue, please insert paragraph break right before the section break and re-position the moved shapes. This will give the correct output in Aspose.Words. Also using tables instead of heaps of text frames will give much simpler document structure. Hope this helps you.