Word2Epub

I’m converting word to epub using Aspose words. Documents are getting converted to epub with out any issues. When I open them on my ereader, I always get an error “PageError”. During my investigation, I have noticed that the when ever the html file inside the .epub file is > 300 kb, my reader is throwing this error. I was wondering do we have any API in aspose words that helps us to set some properties to create multiple html files (each file is < 300 kb) in the epub. This way I can make sure that my reader can open the final epub file.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ravi,
Thanks for considering Aspose.
An option which will allow you to split the internal HTML files in the output EPUB by heading, page break, section break etc is complete in the current code base. This functionality will be avaliable in the next version of Aspose.Words. We will inform you when this is avaliable.
Thanks,

May I know by when this release is expected? This would help us to plan our activities

Hi Ravi,
Thanks for your inquiry.
The next release is due in a week or two. We will keep you informed of it’s release.
Thanks,

I would like to know whether the release date that address this issue. We would like to plan our activities based on this release date.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. The issue is already fixed in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the next version of Aspose.Words that comes out in the next couple of days.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11126) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(32)

I was trying to figure out the API that does this job. Request to let me know the method I need to use and sample snippet to use this method.

Dear Ravi,

Let me assist you by providing with example of using new options to split the document into parts when saving to Html or Epub format:

Document doc = new Document();
HtmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Epub);
saveOptions.DocumentSplitCriteria = DocumentSplitCriteria.HeadingParagraph;
doc.Save(MyDir + "out.epub", saveOptions);

Of course, you may use other values for enum DocumentSplitCriteria described here https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.saving/documentsplitcriteria/

Another useful split properties you probably would like to use are DocumentSplitHeadingLevel
and DocumentPartSavingCallback

Please feel free to ask us if you have more questions.