WordML conversion results in blank documents

Hello community,

I was looking for a tool that allows converting given WordML documents to RTF and TXT files. Aspose seemed to do the job perfectly. However, after further investigation it turned out that the Word documents I am converting do not contain any text or images. Indeed, the text file is completely empty (it only has spaces/blanks in it), while the RTF file contains image place holders (I think) and also no text.

I have attached one of these original reports to this post for reproduction. The code I am using is as following:

Dim wordDocument As New Document(strSourceFile)
wordDocument.Save(targetFileNameTXT, SaveFormat.Text)
wordDocument.Save(targetFileNameRTF, SaveFormat.Rtf)

Executing the following code shows me that Aspose has detected the right file format (LoadFormat = WordML {31}):
Dim info As FileFormatInfo = FileFormatUtil.DetectFileFormat(strSourceFile)

But the following code gives me a complete weird content of the file:
Dim test as String = wordDocument.GetText()
Result: "aaaPAGEaaNUMPAGESaaaaaaa□ {…}"

Could anyone please assist in detecting and solving the problem?

Thank you and best regards,
BIOS
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your query. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-6985 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Are there any news about this topic? I am waiting to complete my programming work.

Thanks and best regards,
Oliver
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your query. I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system. The analysis of this issue has been completed. Hopefully, this issue will be fixed at the end of this month (October 2012). You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We appreciate your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6985) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.