Words Question

Hi - If a .docx Word document contains a customXML part that is databound to content controls in the document, will aspose.words render the dynamic content when it converts to other file formats?

Never mind… Looks like the answer is ‘no’.
Daggummit, content controls and XML are the easiest way to create dynamic documents on a server without having to interop (yikes!) to Office.
I hope this is implemented soon.

Hi Matt,
Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words. Yes, unfortunately you are right, currently there is no way to bind SDT to CustomXML properties. We will consider adding such feature in one of future versions of Aspose.Words. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will let you know once it is resolved.
At the moment, if you need to fill your template with data, I would suggest you using mail merge feature. Please follow the link for more information:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/types-of-mail-merge-operations/
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,

I’m also looking into the possibility of using Aspose.Words to generate a document starting from a template containing a customXML part databound to SDT and adding my own XML data.

Do you have any information on when this will be available in Aspose.Words or a ticket number I can subscribe to to track the progress of this feature?

Cheers,
Gabor

Hi Gabor,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will provide an API to bind SDT to CustomXML properties in one of the future versions of Aspose.Words. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding the implementation of this feature. However, you will surely be notified via this forum thread as soon as this API is available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4738) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 17.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 17.5 update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(3)