Free Support Forum - aspose.com

WORDSNET-7192 -AppendDocument(sourceDocument- ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting); Issues

http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/422023/appenddocument-sourcedocument-importformatmode.keepsourceformatting-issues/showthread.aspx#422023

Team,

I am not able to write post in above thread so created new post.

The solution provided for issue #2 mentioned in above post will not work, as it is trying to clean all nodes from destination document. And destination document will not be empty.

Please let me know when can i expect fix for this WORDSNET-7192 as it is long awaited item.

-Nakul

Hi Nakul,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet. The responsible developer has completed the analysis of this issue and the root cause has been determined. The fix to this problem actually requires us to implement a new feature in Aspose.Words’ API and I regret to share with you that this problem has been postponed till a later date. There’s no ETA available at the moment. We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Secondly, if you please execute the following code, you will observe that in this case Aspose.Words does not insert an extra Section break at the start of final document (out.docx).

Document
dstDoc = new Document();

Document srcDoc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\Title+Area.docx");

// The destination document is not actually empty which often causes a blank page to appear before the appended document

// This is due to the base document having an empty section and the new document being started on the next page.

// Remove all content from the destination document before appending

dstDoc.RemoveAllChildren();

dstDoc.AppendDocument(srcDoc, ImportFormatMode.KeepSourceFormatting);

dstDoc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.docx");

Best regards,

In our case destination document is not empty.

Please let me know ETA for this.

Regards,
Nakul

Hi Nakul,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I believe setting the PageSetup.SectionStart property to SectionStart.Continuous should solve the problem with extra section break being inserted at the begining. Please visit the following link and read the answer to 3rd question:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Common+Issues+When+Appending+Documents

Secondly, I have asked the ETA of WORDSNET-7192 from our development team and I will update you as soon as I have extra information. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Hi Team,

Let me know estimated time to fix this issue.

This issue is blocking our work.

Thanks and Regards,
Nakul

Hi Nakul,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, WORDSNET-7192 is not resolved yet and there is no further news about this issue. This issue has been postponed for now. However, I have intimated our development team of your concern and I will be sure to inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,