Workbook containing pivot table gets corrupted

We are trying to update the attached workbook by changing value in the pivot field(attaching sample excel sheet for refence) . But the workbook gets corrupted in the process. After repairing the workbook, the changes required in the pivot field are not reflected. We are currently using version 22.6.4 of aspose-cells. Also PFA the code used to update the pivot field.
Pivot table issue.zip (21.8 KB)

Request your help in the issue.

@nikhilvijay,

Thanks for the template file and sample.

Please notice, after an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your template file. I found workbook containing pivot table gets corrupted after processing/filtering data in the pivot table. I also found your pivot table(s) have external references (data source for the pivot table is some external XLSM file). Even I cannot refresh the pivot table in MS Excel manually. I guess that is the reason the modifications in such a pivot table is not done and it produces the corrupt file. Anyways, we need to look into it and evaluate it in details. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-44883” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Thank you for logging the issue.
We will be following up on the same using our corporate Citi account.
PS - We are able to manually update the pivot table manually without any issue. But yeah, having external data in pivot table is a valid use case anyhow.

Regards,
Nikhil

@nikhilvijay,

Please note, currently Aspose.Cells does not support to refresh or calculate pivot table whose data source is external (either database or file), the data source must be present in the same workbook where pivot table resides. Anyways, let us evaluate your issue in details and then we could update you on it.

This is due to the fact that the external reference file is present in the devised path in your environment.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

Data source is from the same workbook where pivot table resides.
When I manually try to update, I do it on a different system and it works.

regards,
Nikhil

@nikhilvijay,

Please check the data source of the pivot table, it is external reference or external workbook. I opened your file into MS Excel and select a pivot table, click on Change data source and it shows me like following:
“’…\CF12599_User_Admin_Template_V123b_withSP2013link_jvmNTU.xlsm’!Database”

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

We gave you a sheet of a workbook. Link here is from a different sheet of the same workbook which is not in workbook shared here.
Request you to help fix the corrupt file issue

@nikhilvijay,

Please spare us little time to evaluate the issue in details then we will be able to update you on it.

@nikhilvijay,

We evaluated your issue a bit and hopefully we could fix the file corruption issue before the end of next week.

Thank you.
Awaiting for a solution asap.

@nikhilvijay,

You are welcome. We will keep you posted with updates on it.

@nikhilvijay,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved now. The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v22.10) which is scheduled in the first/second week of October 2022. You will also be notified when the next version is released.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi,

We would like to have a hotfix version released for the same.
I can ask for this to come from our corporate account if it helps.

Regards

@nikhilvijay,

We can only provide fixes in paid support, so either you may avail paid support or wait for the next official release comes out.

Hi, Please include this fix in the next release

@nikhilvijay,

Yes, the fix will be included in the next release as we told you in the previous post.

HI @Amjad_Sahi, how do you select blank option in dropdown using aspose java library? Please help with the code

@nikhilvijay,

Please provide more details and sample Excel file for your requirements. Also, share some screenshots to demonstrate your needs, we will check it soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-44883) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Peyton.Xu