Workbook.Copy does not preserve formatting for pivot tables

The following fragment of code applied to the attached file sample.xlsx produces a copy.xlsx workbook with the observed issue:

var workbook = new Workbook(“sample.xlsx”);
var copy = new Workbook();
copy.Copy(workbook);
copy.Save(“copy.xlsx”);

The workbook opened (after Excel refreshes worksheets pivot tables) loses formatting. See the Sales - Trades worksheet:
  • row fields have the font switchs from Arial Narrow 8 to Arial 10
  • numeric formatting for value fields switches to the time format

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for providing the sample.

We have evaluated the presented scenario on our side while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.1, and we are able to replicate the problem of changed font name and size (point 1). Could you please check the attached resultant spreadsheet and provide us a screenshot of the problem mentioned in point 2?

Moreover, there seems to be the problem of calculating values for Sum of Curr Face & Trade Count values as shown in the attached snapshot. Could you please confirm these issues as well?

Yes, I confirm the issues. Sum of Curr Face & Trade Count values are shown as time, when their format is switched back to numeric, it shows correct values. So I think is the issue is about formatting, not calculations.

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for the confirmation. I have logged these observations to the ticket CELLSNET-44022 for the product team’s review. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the scenario. Once we have any updates regarding the aforementioned ticket, we will post here for your kind reference.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Hi,

This is to update you that we have fixed your issue logged earlier as CELLSNET-44022. We will soon provide the fix here after ensuring the quality of the build and incorporating other enhancements.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.3.4 (attached)
We have fixed your issue now.
Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-44022) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.