Workbook.Filename property documentation

Hi,

In the Java API there is no documentation for this property at all.
In the .NET version, the documentation reads:
<div id=“ID2RBSection” class=“collapsibleSection” style=“box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px 0px 0px 20px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: “Segoe UI”, “Lucida Grande”, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>If the file is opened by stream and there are some external formula references, please set the file name.

Can you improve the documentation, and describe what setting the properly actualy does?
How are external formula references affected by setting this property? What happens if I load a workbook containing external references but I do not set the property? Will things break, and if so, in what way?

The current documentation is inadequate to understand when this property needs to be set.

Thanks in advance,
Taras

Hi Taras,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

First of all, I believe you have referred to the Workbook.FileName property page from the API Reference Guide. If you are seeing this information on any other document then please share the link so we could review it and amend the information accordingly.

Regarding your original concerns, please note, this property is mainly used to reference the loaded spreadsheet as the data source to the formulas in another spreadsheet which contains external references. If the spreadsheet was loaded from a stream, this property is empty so commonly the Workbook.FileName property needs to be set. Moreover, when the spreadsheet was loaded from a file and the aforementioned property is not empty, even then you should reset this property to the correct value before it can be used as the data source for the external reference if the value does not match the external reference of the formulas.