Workbook has Worksheets with duplicate CodeNames

In the attached workbook, the sheets named “sizes, SF”, and “MAIN” both return “Sheet1” when you call Worksheet.getCodeName().

CodeName is supposed to be unique! My application relies on this.

Note I think this problem might be related to post 45809. If it turns out that you have to generate the
CodeName instead of reading it out of the spreadsheet file, please make sure you use the same algorithm
as Excel!

Thanks,
Roy

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We were able to replicate this issue. Both worksheets return the same code name. We have tested this issue with the following code. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40609.

Java

String filePath = “F:/Shak-Data-RW/Downloads/July2001Invoice.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

Worksheet worksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(“sizes, SF”);

System.out.println(worksheet.getCodeName());

worksheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(“MAIN”);

System.out.println(worksheet.getCodeName());

Output:
Sheet1
Sheet1

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.5.3.1 and let us know your feedback.

7.5.3.1 has resolved this issue. Is this a supported release or just a private build for me?

Thank you!
Roy

Hi,

Note: The version (v7.5.3.1) provided by my colleague is a minor release which is posted in the forums against some bugs and new enhancements. The minor versions (or you may call them hot fixes) are completely safe for production usage, these include all the functionality full fledged of the latest major release (i.e. v7.5.3) till latest fix. And, our next official release of the product (hopefully it is v7.6.0) would include the functionality of the previous fixes. We release our major versions once in a month usually.

Thank you.

Great! Thanks again!

Roy

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40609) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.