Working with nested tables

Hi All,

I’m trying to get nested regions working based on this help guide https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/nested-mail-merge-with-regions/.

Can I please ask

• In order to get MS Word to allow adding of merge fields, the template needs to be linked to a datasource. I assume that means you need to set the datasource in word to the xml file. Is this correct? Because when I try to do this word tells me “This file has custom XML elements that are no longer supported in word. Saving this file will remove the elements permanently” and it still does not seem to work correctly.

• Is it possible to download the template file from this example? I can find links for the source code but not the actual docx template file.

@mstride

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please check following documentation link to add Mail Merge fields in a Word document. It will help you to create a template using Aspose.Words.

Inserting a Mail Merge Field

Please download examples from Aspose.Words for .NET Github repo. It contains the sample code, templates and databases as well. Hope, it helps.

Thank you, using this I was able to get the sample working.

On a word document what is meant by a region? How does the MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions method differ from the MailMerge.ExecuteMethod?

@mstride

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that you found the required information.

In reference to your query about the difference in Simple Mail Merge and Mail Merge with regions. Please check following documentation links these will help you to understand the difference between both types of Mail Merge.

Simple Mail Merge
Mail Merge with Regions