Working with PDF Forms (XFA Acroform) using Aspose.PDF for .NET

Hello,

I have a few questions about the new PDF namespace and DLL. I am using the .net 3.5 version (release 6.0.0.0). I haven’t been able to get the .net 4.0 DLL to work so that is why I am using the 3.5 version right now.

To start, I haven’t been able to get the PDF to be generated like the template I am using. My company is going to populate fields for an IRS tax form. The fields belong to a form and have specific formatting set. When I use the Aspose package, the formatting is removed (no more input boxes, size and boldness is changed) and I can’t retrieve it. Also, as noted in the image I have attached, little boxes with an X appear all over the PDF after it has been generated.

Another issue I have been having is getting the Field Name from the form. For example, when I try and retrieve the name, only half of it is stored in a string. An example of the entire field name would be:

topmostSubform[0].Page1[0].p1-t3[0]

When the program runs, the field name comes back as:

topmostSubform[0]

I’m guessing it would have something to do with the ‘.’ or ‘[]’ escaping the retrieval of the name. Regardless, since the PDF is coming from the IRS and I can’t set the name of each field, I am looping through all of the fields to get the names. If I can’t get each name then I can’t apply a value to each field.

As a side note, I was able to use the Aspose.Pdf.Kit package and achieved everything I wanted to do with that DLL. We have been told we can’t purchase a license for that product anymore. I have tried using the Fascades namespace and the new DOM namespace with multiple issues from both. Also, as I mentioned before, I have been unable to use the .net 4.0 DLL for any of my solutions.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached an image of some of the issues we are having. Thanks for any help that can be given and let me know if I can provide more information.

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if Aspose supports XFA Forms? I did not know there are two kinds of PDF Forms: AcroForms and XFA Forms. This could be part of the problem? Any help would be great?!