Working with PdfFileEditor: after concatenating pdf/a - 1b is invalid

Hi,

I try to concatenate an array of pdfstreams with PdfFileEditor and afterwards converting the outputfile in PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B. Unfortunately the pdfformat is invalid with following errors:

Validating file “xyz.pdf” for conformance level pdfa-1b
xmp:CreateDate :: Wrong value type. Expected type ‘Date’.
The XMP property ‘xmp:CreateDate’ is not synchronized with the document information entry ‘CreationDate’.
The value of the key N is 4 but must be 3.
A device-specific color space (DeviceRGB) without an appropriate output intent is used.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document doesn’t conform to the PDF reference (missing required entries, wrong value types, etc.).
The document contains device-specific color spaces.
The document’s meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.
Done.

If I work without PdfFileEditor, the pdfformat is valid. Could you please help me.

Best regards
Jessica

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the resultant/concatenated PDF file generated with PdfFileEditor and resultant PDF file generated after applying PDF/A_1b conformance, so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Thank you for answering my post.

Here are the two files:
merged_output.pdf --> concatenated PDF file with PdfFileEditr
the other pdf --> pdf file after applying PDF/A_1b

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have tested the scenario using following code snippet and as per my observations, the PDF file is properly being converted to PDF/A_1b. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF/A_1b generated over my end. Can you please try using the latest release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.0.0 and in case the problem still persists, please share some details regarding your working environment i.e. Operating System, .NET Framework version etc.

[C#]

Document doc = new
Document(“c:/pdftest/merged_output.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

doc.Convert(new MemoryStream(), PdfFormat.PDF_A_1B, ConvertErrorAction.Delete);

doc.Save(“c:/pdftest/merged_output_PDF-A_1b.pdf”);

Hi,

I checked your attached file merged_output_PDF-A_1b.pdf on this site: Pdftools | Developer SDKs & solutions for PDF and PDF/A and here is the result:

merged_output_PDF-A_1b.pdf does not conform to PDF/A.

</p>

<table border="0"><tbody><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;">Validating file "merged_output_PDF-A_1b.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-1b</td>
		</tr><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;padding-left:10px;"> xmp:CreateDate :: Wrong value type. Expected type 'Date'.</td>
		</tr><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;padding-left:10px;"> The XMP property 'xmp:CreateDate' is not synchronized with the document information entry 'CreationDate'.</td>
		</tr><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;padding-left:10px;"> The value of the key N is 4 but must be 3.</td>
		</tr><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;padding-left:10px;"> A device-specific color space (DeviceRGB) without an appropriate output intent is used.</td>
		</tr><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;padding-left:10px;"> The document does not conform to the requested standard.</td>
		</tr><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;">The document doesn't conform to the PDF reference (missing required entries, wrong value types, etc.).</td>
		</tr><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;">The document contains device-specific color spaces.</td>
		</tr><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;">The document's meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.</td>
		</tr><tr>
			<td style="white-space:nowrap;">Done.</td></tr></tbody></table>It isn't pdf/a-1b conform. Could you please look again?<br><br>Best regards<br>Jessica<br>

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for sharing the details. Please note that we use Adobe Acrobat as standard for document validation and every other third party component has their own standards so we recommend you to please try using Adobe Acrobat for PDF validation.