Working with text inside DrawingML shapes

The release notes for Aspose.Words for .NET 14.3.0 mention “Outline, Shadow, Reflection, Glow and Fill text effects for rendering text inside DrawingML shapes”. I was hoping that this was an indication that you were finally adding support for extracting and updating text in SmartArt objects, but I see that the object model hasn’t changed.

Can you provide us with some more information about exactly what you have added in 14.3.0? Is adding better support for working with SmartArt objects on your roadmap? Aspose.Slides seems to support this already, and since the underlying OOXML markup is the same, I would imagine it wouldn’t be too hard to port this to Aspose.Words.

We use Aspose.Words to extract, translate and update text in Word documents, and not being able to process text in SmartArt diagrams is a real drawback.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks
for your inquiry.
dbenito:

The release notes for Aspose.Words for .NET 14.3.0 mention “Outline, Shadow, Reflection, Glow and Fill text effects for rendering text inside DrawingML shapes”.

This feature is related to rendering of DrawingML node. Aspose.Words does not support the text extraction from SmartArt at the moment.
dbenito:

We use Aspose.Words to extract, translate and update text in Word documents, and not being able to process text in SmartArt diagrams is a real drawback.

The SmartArt graphic in your document is represented
by a DrawingML node. Unfortunately, you currently cannot retrieve the
text content of a DrawingML (SmartArt) object. Working with SmartArt objects programmatically (such as extracting Smart Art’s text) is on it’s own a big and complex feature. Your request has already been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-5437) and you will be notified as soon as it is supported.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Do you have an estimate of when this feature could be available?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Hi there,

Thanks
for your inquiry.

I am afraid this feature WORDSNET-5437 has now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.