Worksheet and PDF Rendering

Hello, we are having some issues when printing/rendering our Excel documents.

Basically we are not recieving the desired output (as desried from the the original document) and was hoping you could assist in shedding some light on a possible problem. I have attached the original XLS file, as well as the “out” file of the worksheet parsed through Aspose.Cells as well as when saving the file to a PDF.

What you will notice (hopefully, check the line “AN H&P UPDATE PERFORMED IMMEDIATELY PRIOR TO SURGERY/PROCEDURE MUST BE ON THE MEDICAL RECORD.”) is that the text formatting is not consistent from the original document and squishes. Also, when printing directly to a printer the margins are off.

I tried to simulate that output as direct-MIH - MIH OP HP.out.xls.pdf which was printed with the below code using PdfFactory as the printer. (Please note that this is the same result that we receive on our actual printer, a Samsung laser printer.)

I am using the Aspose.Cells 7.2.2.1 with the following basic code:

var workbook = new Workbook(targetFile);
var ranges = workbook.Worksheets.GetNamedRanges(); if (ranges.Length > 0) { //commented out code for testing purposes
//foreach(var range in ranges) {
// var cell = range.GetCellOrNull(range.RowCount - 1, range.ColumnCount - 1) ?? range[0, 0];
// cell.PutValue(value);
//}
workbook.CalculateFormula(true); var newPath = Path.Combine(targetFilePath, string.Format("{0}.out{1}", simpleFileName, targetFileExt)); if (isPdf) { workbook.Save(newPath, new PdfSaveOptions( SaveFormat.Pdf)); } else { worksheet.IsPageBreakPreview = true; var options = new ImageOrPrintOptions { OnePagePerSheet = false, PrintingPage = PrintingPageType.Default }; var sr = new SheetRender(worksheet, options); sr.ToPrinter(printerName); } //end if isPdf } //end if ranges.Length > 0

Hi,

Thanks for the sample files and details.

I can notice the issue as you have mentioned for rendering Excel or Printing. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40792. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Any updates on this? Even with an understanding as to why it is happening?

It is really affecting our ability to support our clients and deploy Aspose.Cells.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

I am afraid we have no update about the resolution of this issue. I have logged your comments in our database against this issue. We will update you here once we get any information from our development team.

In addition, we recommend you to download and use this latest fix of Aspose.Cells: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.2.2.5 in your applications.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.0.3 and let us know your feedback.

Hello, Thanks for the update.

While opening the document in Excel and then printing seems to work well, when I attempt to directly print the spreadsheet (to a printer without first going to Excel) … the rendering is still off, and actually looks worse than version 7.2.2.5.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have added your comments in our database against the issue id: CELLSNET-40792

We will look into them and fix the remaining problems and get back to you.

Also, if we need any further help from your side, we will let you know asap.

Hi, .

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.2.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40792) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.