Wrap Header/Footer Text around Floating Table during Word DOCX to PDF Conversion using Java API

Hi,
Sometimes when converting docx to pdf, the pdf gets less pages than doc(e.g. the attached docx has 18 pages, but the converted pdf have 17 pages).
files.zip (193.4 KB)
I noticed in page 3 of docx, the last paragraph is separated to two pages, but the pdf is displaying the last paragraph in the same page.

It only happens occasionally for some documents, the attached files is just one example.

The code I used is

Document doc = new Document("E:\\Consent_6310.docx");
doc.save("E:\\Consent_6310.pdf", options);

I’m using Word 16.0.12228.20100, Win 10 1903, aspose-words-19.3-jdk17.

@yhnedison,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-19761. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@yhnedison,

Regarding WORDSNET-19761, it is to update you that the analysis so far reveals that the issue occurs because Aspose.Words’ layout currently does not support text wrapping around floating objects in document header/footer. In the meantime while you are waiting for a fix, you may make the problematic Table in the Header Inline as a workaround. We will also inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved in future.

Thank you for the quick update! Unfortunately the documents are from my clients and I cannot modify them. So I will wait for your update.

@yhnedison,

Sure, we will also inform you via this thread as soon as this issue will be resolved in future. We apologize for any inconvenience.

A post was split to a new topic: Preserve Text Wrapping in Header during Converting Word DOCX Document to PDF/A using Java

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19761) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 23.5 update.