Wrapping Text in Word Document & Converting DOCX to PDF using VB.NET Code

Hi,
Is this issue WORDSNET-15631 . fixed? i am facing same issue while converting word to pdf.

Thank you
Durga

@asposeDp,

Please ZIP and upload your input Word document, Aspose.Words generated PDF file and a screenshot showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Thank you hafeez

I have attached files as below

1. Test12.docx : original word file
  2. Test13.pdf : original pdf file
  3. merged_out.pdf : converting word file to pdf without EmbedFullFonts and concatenating to Test13.pdf
  4. merged_out_with_EmbedFullFonts: converting word file to pdf with EmbedFullFonts set to true and concatenating to Test13.pdf

Below issues:

1. original word file is 1 page document however after concatenate 2 pages are seen in output pdf
    2)Setting EmbedFullFonts= True does not make change in page count however font size is changed from Times new roman 12 to 11
    3)merged_out.pdf size is 201 KB whereas merged_out_with_EmbedFullFonts.pdf size is 1.84 MB with no change in pages .Files.zip (2.2 MB)
    Code:
    Dim pdfstreams As New Generic.List(Of Stream)

Dim FinalPDf As New Aspose.Pdf.Document
         Dim Mem1 As New MemoryStream
         Dim Mem2 As New MemoryStream
         Dim FinalpdfStream As New MemoryStream
         Dim objLic As New Aspose.Pdf.License
         objLic.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic")

Dim bytes As Byte() = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes("c:\reports\Test12.docx")
         Dim inStream As MemoryStream = New MemoryStream(bytes)
         Dim RCLDDocument As New Aspose.Words.Document(inStream)
         RCLDDocument.Save(Mem1, SaveFormat.Pdf)
         pdfstreams.Add(Mem1)

Dim bytesPDf As Byte() = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes("c:\reports\test13.pdf")
         Dim inPDFStream As MemoryStream = New MemoryStream(bytesPDf)
         Dim PDFDocument As New Aspose.Pdf.Document(inPDFStream)
         PDFDocument.Save(Mem2)

pdfstreams.Add(Mem2)

Dim pdfEditor As Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileEditor = New Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileEditor()
         Using FinalPdfOutput As New MemoryStream
             ' pdfEditor.AllowConcatenateExceptions = True
             Dim success As Boolean = pdfEditor.Concatenate(pdfstreams.ToArray, FinalPdfOutput)
             Dim bytedata As Byte() = FinalPdfOutput.ToArray
             Dim output As FileStream = New FileStream("c:\reports\merged_out.pdf", FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write)
             output.Write(bytedata, 0, bytedata.Length)
             output.Close()
         End Using

I am using aspose.pdf.dll v 20.2 for .net.
I need to return byte data just for checking i am saving it to out file using filestream.

@asposeDp,

We have converted the source Word document (TEST12.docx) to PDF format by using MS Word 2019 and Aspose.Words for .NET 20.2 and attached both the PDF files here for your reference:

Do you see the same problem when processing above PDF files with Aspose.PDF for .NET on your end?

Please also create a standalone simple Console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing. Please do not include Aspose.Words DLL files in it to reduce the file size.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Thank you Hafeez, Aspose.word 20.2 solved the problem.

@asposeDp,

Thanks for your feedback. In case you may have further inquiries or need any help in future, please let us know.