Write Presentation

Hi Mani,

I have investigated the observation shared by you and have been able to observe that whenever you set the character of the symbol type bullet, it is getting changed to numbered bullet. I have shared the feedback with issue 23062 for necessary investigation as well. Secondly, I am able to remove the shape and have not encountered exception while removing the shape. I have used your example code to delete the title placeholder shape as well. For your kind reference, I have also attached the modified working code. I will share the feedback with you, once the issue is completely resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

One more issue regarding the Bullet Type. I have created a slide with setting the Bullet Type as Symbol for the whole placeholder and inserted text in PowerPoint. When I tried to read the bullet type using Aspose Slides for Java 2.5.0 it is returning as BulletType.NUMBERED for both symbol and numbered bullet types.

Since we are facing lot of customer queries regarding this issue, please give high priority to the above bullet number issues and provide us a patch as early as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Mani
(ZOHO Corporation).

Hi Mudassir,

The sample files for the above issue is attached herewith.

Hi Mani,

I have already been able to reproduce the issue shared and updated the issues status accordingly. I am awaiting response from our development team and will shared the ETA for the possible fix with you as soon as some information is shared by our development team.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Any updates on the above Numeric bullet issue ? It will be better if you provide a complete fix for the numeric bullet type issues. Can you please provide a time frame for the fix, so that we can update our customers ?

Thanks for your understanding,
Mani.
(ZOHO Corp.,)

Hi Mani,

I have confirmed from our development team and like to share that the fix for the issue will be available in the July release of Aspose.Slides for Java. We will share the further information with you as soon as some more information is shared by them.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mani,

You will be pleased to know that the issue 23062 related to bullets rendering has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.6.0.1. I have attached the mentioned version for your reference. Please share if you still have any issue. I also like to share that following code line that you have used in your shared code snippet is no longer required and has been truncated in new version.

para.setHasBullet(true);

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the update. I have tested with the latest release. The following methods are missing
1) Presentation.getSlideSize() and
2) Slides.size().

Can you please suggest an alternative for them ? Also if you can give a list of the changed APIs’ like the removal of setHasBullet(true), it would be easier for me.

Thanks,
Mani.
(ZOHO Corp).

Hi Mani,

I will discuss with our development team and will share the list of changes that have been made in the API. Since the shared version is only a hotfix and not an official release, so the online documentation will be tailored to cater new changes in API once Aspose.Slides for Java 2.7.0 will be released. The Presentation.getSlideSize() method is there in API. However, Presentation.getSlides().size() has been replaced by Presentation.getSlides().getCount(). Please share, if you encounter any other issue.

pres.getSlideSize();
pres.getSlides ().getCount();

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudasir,

With the latest jar (for 2.6.0.1) provided by you I am getting the error
|java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.aspose.slides.Presentation.getSlideSize()Ljava/awt/Point;
Please check with the same and give me a work around as early as possible.

Thanks,
Mani
(Zoho Corp).

Hi Mani,

I have observed this issue. It seems some obfuscated issue. I have requested our development team to rectify the issue and it has been logged in our issue tracking system with ID 30431. I will share the further information with you once further updates are received from our development team.

We are greatly sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Any updates for the above issue ? If you give us a timeline, it would be helpful to plan accordingly.

Thanks,
Mani.
(Zoho Corp).

Hi Mani,

I am sorry for your inconvenience. Please use the latest available hotfix version of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.6.0.2 which is available for download from here. The changes in API that I have mentioned in the former post have been reverted back.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

The numeric bullet type issue is resolved with the latest patch. Thanks for the patch. I face a new issue -
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.aspose.slides.FillFormat.getGradientFillAngle().
Can you please confirm, if the above api has been removed ? If yes, can you please suggest an alternative ?
In case of any changes in the API names, please update the online javadocs, so that we can refer there instead of disturbing you again.

Thanks,
Mani.
(Zoho Corp).

Hi Mani,

I am sorry for your inconvenience. Please use the following code snippet to get the gradient fill angle.

PresentationEx pres=new PresentationEx("D:\\Aspose Data\\demo2.pptx");
AutoShapeEx shp= (AutoShapeEx) (pres.getSlides().get(0).getShapes()).get(0);
TextFrameEx tf=shp.getTextFrame();
float Angle=shp.getFillFormat().getGradientFormat().getLinearGradientAngle();

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Sorry, I didnot mention that we are using PPT and not PPTX. The FillFormat doesnot have getGradientFormat() method. Kindly advice on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Mani
(Zoho Corp).

Hi Mani,

Please use the following code snippet for getting the gradient angle for PPT shape. I have observed an inconsistency in getting the gradient angle. An issue wit ID 30869 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. I have tried to share work around but it works for some of values.

Presentation pro=new Presentation("K:\\Apple\\Abc.ppt");

com.aspose.slides.Shape sss=pro.getSlides ().get (0).getShapes ().get (0);

float ang=sss.getFillFormat().getGradientFillAngle();
float angS;

if(ang>=0 && ang<=90)

angS=(360-ang+90)%360;
else
angS=(194 - ang)%360;

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Can you please acknowledge whether the api FillFormat.getGradientFillAngle() is present in Aspose Slides for Java version 2.6.0.2 for PPT files ? My issue is not with the value returned, but the api itself not present.

Since we are facing one issue or the other after the Numeric Bullets issue, we could not take the latest patch. Can you please ensure that the forthcoming patch does not break existing features ?

Thanks,
Mani.
(Zoho Corp).

Hi Mani,

The code snippet that I have shared in my last post contains the usage of method getGradientFillAngle(). I have used aspose.slides-2.6.0.2.jar for my investigation. I suggest that you should test the code snippet shared by my separately to verify availability of getGradientFillAngle() method.

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-30869) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.