Writing changed project back to MPP file - still unsupported?

Hi Aspose,

We have been using your Tasks component with pleasure to read MPP-files. In out project we now need to update MPP-files to reflect changes to other logically linked MPP-files.

As far as I can see, Tasks does not support this. Old postings in the forum confirm this, but is it still the case? Tasks can only update MPX-files (and write to XML)?

Yours,

Anders, Vestas Wind Systems, Denmark

Hi Anders,

MPX files are no more supported by the latest versions of Aspose.Tasks for .NET as it has been obsolete. We support MPP (MS Project 2003 / 2007 and in fututre MS Project 2010) read support and after updating the contents through Aspose.Tasks for .NET, updated files are written to XML format. For more information, you can visit Aspose.Tasks for .NET product page here.

Hi Anders,

Unfortunately Aspose.Tasks does not provide saving project data into
mpp file support now.

This feature has been logged in our issue database as TASKNET-11799 ‘Writing Project in MPP format’, but we do not have concrete timelines for this
yet. The issue is linked to this forum thread.

OK… Thanks for speedy reply - I’ll resort to interop. Too bad, the reading part worked really well…

Hi Anders,

As a variant you can read mpp file, update project data and save in MSP XML format.

Could you provide us with some information about project data you would like to update in mpp file and MS Project version (2003, 2007, 2010) you are using? It will help us to set our priorities.

Hi Sergey,

I need to update the start and end time for a task as well as duration. Furthermore the list of ressources.

We are using MSP 2003 and upgrading the application to 2007 is not an option.

Yours,

Anders, Denmark

Hi Anders,

Thank you a lot for the information.

Your requirements are close we are working on, will contact you as we get first results. Sorry for inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-11799) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.