Writing to Large Documents

I am trying to evaluate which Edition of Apose.Pdf to use and I am finding it difficult to get some direct answers from the website.

In essence these are my questions:

1. The additional feature ' Writing Directly to PDf' refers to 'large' pdf files, what size is a 'large' pdf file? We intend to dynamically write watermarks to pdf files, these files range in size from 32MB to 4Mb, the size of what we are writing to the files is minimal but the pdfs themselves can be large, would you advise we consider the Enterprise version?

2. The project for which we intend to use Apose.PDf is a .Net web-based project with 3 developers; whilst only one developer will be developing using the Apose.Pdf API do we still need to purchase a Developer license for each?

Appreciate you're time.

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

1. If you want to add watermark to existing PDF document, it is not supported in Aspose.Pdf but you can use Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

2. When using Aspose.Pdf, if the document you want to generate has many paragraphs, Aspose.Pdf will create a large document objects tree for them which will take much memory. So if a file is large is decided by the structure of the document and the total memory you can use. You can first test with normal mode and see if the momory is enough.

3. In you application you need not purchase developer license for each developer.

Thank-you for getting back to me on this. I have one more question for
you in regards to point 2. When using Apose.Pdf.Kit will it create a large
document objects tree for the pdf files that we want to watermark, thus taking up much memory
if the document? Appreciate your answers being so expedient.

Miriam

Dear Miriam,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

If you using Aspose.Pdf.Kit to add watermark to PDF document, the PDF will be processed by page and need not create large document object tree. So it works fast and use less memory.

Brilliant, perfect thank-you, time to download that evaluatoin version. Ta.