Wrong aligned content in Thumbnail and PDF

Hi Aspose Support Team,

I have following problem with Aspose 2.9.3 and 2.9.4 ( I did not try earlier versions ). When I open the attached Presentation, which was produced using Aspose, and then generate thumbnails or PDFs out of it using Aspose, the content is missplaced. If I open the presentation with PowerPoint, everything looks ok. I found out following reproducable behaviour.

1. When opening the Presentation with PowerPoint, the Presentation looks ok.
  2. When opening with Aspose and render to PDF or a thumbnail, the text starts at a wrong position.
  3. When I open the presentation with PowerPoint and then save it again using PowerPoint, and then use Aspose to generate Thumbnails or PDF from it, the result looks ok
  4. By comparing the PPTX produced by Aspose before opening and Saving with PowerPoint with the one after opening and saving with PowerPoint, I found out, that the difference is in pretty formattd XML. When I directly save the PPTX using Aspose PresentationEx.save function, the XML in the PPTX file is pretty formatted ( newlines between tags and a lot of whitespaces). After opening and saving it with PowerPoint, the XML is in inline format (all within one line ).

I use following code to Open and generate the PDF:

InputStream pres = TestThumbnailGeneration.class.getResourceAsStream("shiftedContentInThumbnail.pptx");

PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx(pres);
presentation.save(new FileOutputStream(new File(targetFolder, "shiftedContentInThumbnail.pdf")), SaveFormat.PDF);

Is there some Java XML configuration which I could change to correct this behaviour, or is this a bug in Aspose?

Thank you with Regards

Marco

Hi Marco,

I have observed the presentation file shared by you. I have also opened the presentation shared in PowerPoint and saved it separately. I have then generated the PDF for both files and have not been able to observe the difference in two PDFs generated. Can you please share the output generated at your end by highlighting the issue so that I may further look in to it. For your kind reference, I have shared the generated PDF files as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Attached the PDF I get when using the shared code. I added an Annotation to the PDF to mark point out the wrong placement.

Regards

Marco

Hi Marco,

I have observed the PDF shared by you. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33390 has been created to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically updated once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33390) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.