Wrong font size when converting DOC to PDF with sample 03_Document elements.doc

Hello,

I’ve been evaluating your latest release of Aspose.Words to convert Word documents to PDF format. When I compared the results of the conversion of your sample document “03_Document elements.doc” I noticed that the font size in the pdf file is larger and thus the complete layout of the generated file is different to the source document from Word. I’m using Office 2007 and following code to generate the PDF file in C# for .NET:

using Aspose.Words;
using Aspose.Pdf.Kit;

Document doc = new Document(docPath);
doc.SaveToPdf(pdfPath);

Please see attached file for the resulting PDF and give advice how to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance,

eDDy

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input document here for testing? We will check the problem and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Thanks for your quick reply.
See attached document for input file

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem with font size on my side. The output PDF document has the same font size as in the input document. Regarding page layout I managed to reproduce this problem. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards,

Hey Guys,
Any updates on this issue?
Maybe you could also have a look at the following problem. When we try to convert word documents including pages with different textboxes (address, barcode, …) the text boxes are showing only the first and a half line and the complete format of the remaining page is messed up with elements missing. Please see attached files for input and output.
Thx for your help,
Eddy

Hello

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because you are using floating shape in your document. Currently Aspose.Words does not fully support Text Wrapping during converting to PDF. As a workaround, you can try specifying Wrapping Style of TextBox to “In Line with Text”. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Also, there are text frames in your document, currently Aspose.Words does not fully support positioning of text frames upon rendering. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported. You should note that text frames are obsolete and are not used very often. As a workaround you can use TextBoxes instead of frames.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 8182) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(49)

We are happy to tell you that a very cool and important feature (filed as 7180) is included in the new version of Aspose.Words. Text wrapping around images and shapes when rendering Microsoft Word documents to PDF, XPS and printing is now supported. You can download the latest version from here.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(101)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2219) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

(82)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3078) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.