Wrong pagecount and image on page missing

Hi,
we’re evaluation Aspose Words.
I’m tying to convert each page of a Word document to an image. This seems to works ok for pages with text, but on the attached document which has 3 pages (one with text, one with image, one blank) Aspose creates 4 images (it thinks there are 4 pages instead of three) of which only the first one with the text has any content - the page with the image is blank.
I’m attaching the file in question. Can you advise?
Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for your inquiry. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side. I use the latest version of Aspose.Words (7.0.0) for testing. You can download it from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Also, maybe you use Aspose.Words in evaluation mode and evaluation watermark is added at the top of the document. This watermark can push content of document down and you get an additional page. If you want to test Aspose.Words without the evaluation version limitations, you can request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to
https://purchase.aspose.com/temporary-license
Best regards.

thanks for the reply.
We’re running an eval license so there’s no watermark. However I am not sure which Words version we are running. I’ll find out and hopefully post more info.
Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.
Best regards.

Warming this thread up.
I’m now running Words 7.0.0.
The attached doc has its images missing after conversion to thumbnails. Please can you advise?
Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

Is there any update on this? We just purchased Aspose Slides but would have gone for Total if basic conversion tasks such as preservation of images in Words was working as expected.
Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

Hello, Stefan.
The document you specified has at least two problems:
Actually it has corrupted structure which can be fixed by open/save in MSWord, but Aspose.Words cannot handle this case. It causes Aspose.Words to treat images inside the document as unsupported.
Even if document structure is fixed, images are specified in some special format so a proper decompressor is needed (installed in the system). If you have no such decompressor installed neither Aspose.Words nor MSWord is able to show those pictures properly. In my case, for example, MSWord shows an empty image placeholder with the text “QuickTime and a none decompressor are needed to see this picture.” inside.
The second problem is not related to Aspose.Words.
The first problem caused to render such unsupported images as blank rectangle. We’ve replaced the blank rectangle with “unsupported image” icon. So this will be the only change in the next release regarding this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11908) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.