X64 support and C++/CLI problems

Hi there,

I’m hoping to use your Aspose.Pdf library from an x64 C++ application, but as I understand it you only supply 32-bit DLLs. Do you have any plans to provide x64 DLLs or are you able to do a special build?

Also, even when I build a simple 32-bit console application to test calling your Aspose.Pdf library from managed C++ I have an error as soon as the call goes from managed to unmanaged code. The error I receive is EEFileLoadException. I’m issuing a #using clause to load the DLL with an absolute path that points at the library.

Any help will be much appreciated.

kind regards,
Jesse
Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.

jesse.pepper:

I'm hoping to use your Aspose.Pdf library from an x64 C++ application, but as I understand it you only supply 32-bit DLLs. Do you have any plans to provide x64 DLLs or are you able to do a special build?

Please note Aspose.Pdf for .NET DLLs are not limited to 32-bits but these work over 64-bit platform as well. We will appreciate it if you please share some more details if you are facing some issues on 64-bit platform, we will look into it and guide you accordingly.

jesse.pepper:

Also, even when I build a simple 32-bit console application to test calling your Aspose.Pdf library from managed C++ I have an error as soon as the call goes from managed to unmanaged code. The error I receive is EEFileLoadException. I'm issuing a #using clause to load the DLL with an absolute path that points at the library.

We will appreciate it if you please share your sample code to replicate the issue at our end, so we will guide you accordingly.

Furthermore, please check following documentation links, these will help you to use Aspose.Pdf for .NET in C++.

Best Regards,

Hi there,

Regarding x64 compatibility. We are ihoping to integrate Aspose into an existing 64-bit C++ application. For that reason it’s not enough that the libraries work on a 64-bit platform, but we need the libraries to be linked in to our 64-bit application. It’s not possible to link 32-bit libraries with a 64-bit executable. Are you able to provide a 64- bit library?

I will post sample code C++/CLI code soon. However, I would appreciate an answer to the first part of this post before I do that, as if you can’t properly support 64-bit applications, then we will consider using an alternative library.

kind regards,
Jesse

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for your feedback. We provide DLL for ANY CPU Architecture, it should work in 64 bit application as well. However please share a sample project here, we will look into it and guide you accordingly.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,